The versions of the present policy are listed in the following table, with details of the main changes.
The term "Cookie" in the document described below refers to both cookies proper and to similar technologies, such as, for example, Local Shared Objects.
The purpose of the present Policy is to provide the information necessary to manage the Cookies used by this website and to allow the user of the website (hereinafter also indicated as "User") to make his/her choices consciously.
The ownership of the personal data processing carried out by the so-called "third-party" cookies falls, instead, on the companies of respective relevance, identified within the table contained in this document (please refer to paragraph 4.2).
The data subject, who must view this information and, in certain specific cases, give his/her consent, is the User of the Confindustria Emilia website.
To exercise your rights, you can contact the DPO appointed by Confindustria Emilia at this email address: RPD@confindustriaemilia.it.
The matter in question is addressed by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679, GDPR), which in Recital 30 states that "Natural persons can be associated to online identifiers produced by devices, applications, tools and protocols used, such as IP addresses, to temporary markers (cookies) or to other types of identifiers, such as radio frequency identification tags. These identifiers can leave traces, which, in particular if combined with unique identifiers and other information received from the servers, can be used to create profiles of natural persons and identify them".
It is, therefore, necessary to obtain your consent for cookies and similar technologies.
4.1 Definition of cookies
Cookies are packets of information (small alphanumeric text files) sent from the website (web server) to the user's Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, ...) and stored on the user's device (computer, smartphone, ...) and automatically sent back to the website at each subsequent access to the website itself. The standard settings of almost all Internet browsers are set in order to automatically accept cookies.
There are various types of cookies and different classifications.
A first division, based on the purpose to be pursued, distinguishes between:
• Technical cookies: they are necessary for the proper functioning of a website and to allow user navigation; the user may not be able to view the pages correctly or to use certain services without them;
• Profiling cookies: or "non-technical"; they have the task of creating user profiles in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user while browsing. The use of these cookies is prohibited if the user is not adequately informed and has not given consent beforehand. This category includes analytics cookies, widgets, advertising and web beacons.
Cookies can also be classified by duration (session or persistent cookies) or by origin (first-party or third-party cookies). More specifically:
"Session" cookies, which are deleted immediately upon closing the navigation browser;
• "Persistent" cookies, which remain within the browser for a certain period of time; they are used, for example, to recognise the device that connects to a website, facilitating the authentication operations for the user;
• "Own" (or "first-party") cookies, which are, therefore, generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing;
• "Third-party" cookies, i.e. which are generated and managed by subjects other than the manager of the website on which the user is browsing.
4.2 Cookies on the Confindustria Emilia website
The Confindustria Emilia website uses the following types of first-party technical cookies:
1. Navigation or session cookies: these are essential to allow the user to browse, fluidly and efficiently, within the website and properly use the related services; this data is not stored on your computer and vanishes immediately after closing the browser. These cookies are valid for the browsing session.
2. "Functionality" cookies: these have the sole purpose of improving the user experience (e.g. by speeding up the navigation on the website), by storing certain choices made by the user (e.g. language). These cookies are valid for the browsing session.
Both of these tools are used by Confindustria Emilia to also ensure an efficient navigation, session stability and permanence of the login during the entire session. They are also useful for memorising the user's choices relating to the display of some elements of the page (e.g. information and communication banners).
The use of these technical cookies and the carrying out of the connected treatments do not require the user's consent, in accordance with the current legislation. The user, however, is entitled, without prejudice, to prevent their installation at any time by modifying the settings of his/her browser, being perfectly aware that a decision in this direction could complicate, slow down and even sometimes block the navigation on our website.
The "third-party" cookies, which are stored on your device, are not directly managed and controlled by the Data Controller and they fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the third party, which installs them on the user's device, including the purposes for which they are used outside our website.
If you do not wish to receive third-party cookies on your device, you can, at any time, view the information and related consent forms of said third parties and exclude their receipt.
Below is a summary table, with the name/code of the installed cookie, the type and purpose/description of the cookie:
4.3 Social Buttons
On our website there are special "buttons" (called "social buttons/widgets") that depict the icons of social networks (for example, Facebook, etc.) and other websites. These buttons allow the user to interact just a "click" away directly with social networks and with the other websites shown there.
In this case, the social network and the other websites acquire the data relating to the visit, while the Data Controller will not share any of its browsing information or data acquired through its own website with the social networks and with other websites accessible thanks to the Social buttons/widgets.
4.4 How to disable cookies
On the first visit to our website, it is possible to accept all cookies by clicking on the "OK" button or on the "X" (closing) button on the banner or on any element of the web page external to the banner itself.
It is possible to disable cookies based on the browser used. Given that most browsers are programmed to accept cookies automatically, you can choose not to receive them, especially in cases where the third party involved has not correctly provided the option to opt-out, by accessing the browser settings and disabling their use, according to the procedures described at the following addresses:
• For Chrome, see the dedicated page.
• For Mozilla Firefox see the dedicated page.
• For Internet Explorer, see the dedicated page.
• For Safari, see the dedicated page.
• For Safari iOS (mobile devices) see the dedicated page.
All major modern browsers have a "private" browsing mode that allows you to browse sites without recording histories. Usually at the end of these modes all the cookies set are destroyed.
4.5 Scope of the circulation and storage of data
The data relating to cookies is kept for the period specified in the table in paragraph 4.2, except for any investigations of computer crimes against the website.
For all other cases, the user's personal data, which is freely provided through the compilation of forms published on the pages of the website, is kept for the time necessary for the pursuit of the purposes indicated in the related policies.
No data deriving from the web service will be communicated or disclosed to unspecified recipients.
4.6 Rights for the protection of the personal data
In line with what has been taken up and stated by the GDPR, in relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to ask the Data Controller:
• The access: you can request confirmation that there is or is not a processing of data concerning you, as well as further clarifications concerning the information referred to in the present policy;
• The rectification: you can ask to rectify or integrate the data, which has been provided, if incorrect or incomplete;
• The cancellation: you can request that your data be deleted, if it proves to be no longer necessary for our purposes, in the event of revocation of consent or opposition to processing, in the event of unlawful processing, or, in other words, there is a legal obligation to cancel or the data refers to subjects under the age of sixteen;
• The limitation: you can request that your data be processed only for the purpose of storage, with the exclusion of other treatments, for the period necessary for the rectification of your data, in the event of unlawful processing for which you oppose the cancellation, if you have to exercise your rights in court and the data stored by the Data Controller may be useful to you and, finally, in the event of opposition to the data processing and a verification is under way on the prevalence of the legitimate reasons of the Data Controller compared to yours.
• The opposition: you can object to the processing of your data at any time, unless there are legitimate reasons for the Data Controller to proceed with the processing that prevail over yours, for example for the exercise or defence in court.
• The portability: you can ask to receive your data, or to have it transmitted to another data controller indicated by you, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device.
• • The withdrawal: you can revoke your consent at any time, if this constitutes the basis of the treatment. The withdrawal of consent, however, does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent given before the revocation itself.
At any time you can ask Confindustria Emilia to exercise these rights by contacting the following email address: RPD@confindustriaemilia.it.
Furthermore, we inform you that you have the right to lodge a complaint against the Italian supervisory authority: "Guarantor for the Protection of Personal Data" in the event that you believe that your rights have been violated by Confindustria Emilia Area Centro and/or by a third party, or if you consider the response of Confindustria Emilia to your requests to have been unsatisfactory.