born in 1953, is Head of the Environment, Safety, Power and Territory area of Confindustria Emilia Area Centro.
In 1978 he graduated in Architecture from the University of Florence with a thesis entitled: "Proposal for the definition of a regional technical regulation for public residential construction".
Since 1979 he is registered with the List of Architects of the province of Bologna.
In the same year he joined API, the Small and Medium Enterprises Association of Bologna, where he worked as Head of the Environment, territory, transport and urban planning area also following the birth of Unindustria Bologna, then Confindustria Emilia.
From 1979 to 2007 he also worked as a freelancer.
From 1980 to 1990 he was a member, representing API, of the commission of the Municipality of Bologna for the assignment of industrial areas.
In the same years, after a public competition, he joined the technical-scientific commission of the Emilia-Romagna Region for the drafting of the regional technical regulations for public residential construction.
From 1985 to 1995 he was a member of the Regional Planning Committee of the Emilia-Romagna Region for the approval of the general town plans and their variations of the Municipalities and member of the building commission of the Municipality of Pianoro (BO).
From 1990 to 1995 he was assessor of the Heritage and Personal Budget of the Municipality of San Lazzaro di Savena (BO).
From 2007 to 2008 he was a professor at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Ferrara and held lessons on the origin of the shape of cities.
Over the years he has followed numerous training courses, including "Behavior-based safety", organised by the Bologna Business School, and "Passive house planning package", organised by the Passive House Institute, and has elaborated publications, such as the monographic number "Building design and the problem of fires" of the magazine "Modulo" and "Elements for a feasibility study of a sustainable production area", Unindustria Bologna editions.